Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So far, so good...

I have been looking forward to this summer since about mid-March. For months, I have been collecting ideas for ways to keep the kids active and entertained after the school year ended. I feel I owe it to the girls, especially Avery, to show them a good time this summer. Last summer, Ethan was born right at the start and with a newborn to care for, we just had too many restrictions and too little energy to get out much. Consequently, we spent a lot of our time at home, watching TV, in our pajamas. Not exactly ideal...

This year, we are fed, dressed, beds made and ready for our day by 9 am. We have an outing almost every day, usually in the morning. We swim, we go to the park, we go to the library, we go out to lunch, we play at the mall playground, etc. I realize that I only have one month under my belt, and still have two more to go before school starts again, but I still have some more ideas rolling around in my head.

I am enjoying my time with the kids this summer and I like to think they are having a pretty good time too. Next week...swimming lessons!

No comments: