Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy father's day



I'm not big on sappy holidays and neither is my dad. But, I do think it's nice to have a day to remind us to stop and show appreciation for those we love and the roles they play in our lives.

My dad and I have a particularly strong bond. We have been through some of the worst heartache that life has to offer and come out on the other side the stronger and wiser for it. He is the only person who has known me from the beginning and I take comfort in knowing that he is my strongest supporter. I cannot go for more than a few days without hearing his voice on the phone and am forever turning to him for advice.

Despite our bond, I do not consider us friends. He is my dad and would never want to be anything but. Today, as I reflect on Father's Day, I smile knowing that I will never outgrow my dad and that I love him more than words can say.

No comments: