Thursday, June 17, 2010

car fever

It is really unlike me, but I have the fever. The kind of fever that makes you want to have a new car. Except I don't actually want to buy it, because then I would have to pay for it, and probably somewhere in the range of several hundred dollars a month. No, no that's not the route I want to go. I would much prefer that someone just bring me one, curbside, and hand over the keys. That'd be great!

These days I am dreaming of the Nissan Armada. Have you seen them? They are big, boxy and beautiful! I particularly want one of the dark grey ones. On the inside, they have a navigation system, a DVD player and the most exciting feature of all is the captain's chairs in the second row. Oh, how I dream of the day when my kids don't all have to sit on the same row...within arms reach of one another! With captain's chairs I would no longer have to hear the likes of, "Mommmmmyyyyy! Ethan's pulling my hair!" Ahhh.



Well, that was a fun daydream. But now its back to reality and the goldfish-crumb infested 2001 Ford Expedition parked in my garage. That thing has over 130,000 miles on it and still runs like a champ which is all I really need. And its best feature? We paid cash for it 2 years ago. That, my friends, is a feature that's pretty hard to beat...even for captain's chairs.

No comments: