Thursday, June 3, 2010

what a day!


For starters, today is Ethan's 2nd birthday. I went into his room this morning with camera in hand and singing "Happy Birthday." I'm pretty sure he was laughing at me and not with me.

Anyway, he had a check-up appointment this morning with our pediatrician. He is perfectly healthy and now weighs in at a scrawny 24 lbs and 9 oz (10th percentile) but is a lanky 36 inches tall (90th percentile). There really isn't much else to report from the appointment since E is such a healthy guy. Ethan's verbal skills are a touch behind schedule but I'm not worried since he is picking up new words practically every day. I am confident that he'll be just as chatty as his sisters in no time...



This afternoon was the last day of swimming lessons for the girls (I cannot tell you how happy that makes me!) So, being that it was the last day, Ethan and I got to go in and watch the girls show us what they learned. Hannah's class was first I am proud to report that she is officially a swimmer! She does great but occasionally runs out of air and so I will need to stay close to help her catch her breath until she gets the hang of it and can do it herself. Avery's class was right after Hannah's and we got to watch all of the progress she has made with her strokes and side breathing. I don't think I can swim as well.



Let me give a bit of history, if I may, Avery has had a loose tooth for several weeks now. It is her first and she is way behind her friends in the tooth loss department. Naturally, she has been eagerly awaiting the opportunity for a visit from the Tooth Fairy. All of this to say that Avery decided in the middle of swimming lessons to pull out her tooth! Oh my! There is nothing like a kid jumping up and down beside the pool and screaming "I lost my tooth!" to take your eyes off of the poor soul half drowning in his attempt to cross the pool.

So, now Avery will finally have her visit from the Tooth Fairy. I hope she's not disappointed...I heard that a kid at her school got $20!

1 comment:

Smiley Jane said...

You've got some CUTE kids!!! I think my William will look like Ethan one day! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your comment! I was so happy to see that cute barn when I searched the images online. I never would have found it without you! I'm in Argyle!