Monday, August 25, 2008

"Bye Mom!"


Well, we have officially survived Avery's first day of kindergarten and I have to say that I couldn't have asked for things to go any better.

I woke her up at 6:30 am, got her fed, dressed, took her picture, and sent her out the door with Jeff with the promise that I would be there to pick her up after school, and then proceeded to have a meltdown. After all, the way I see it, this is the beginning of the end. Before now, she has been with me more than she has ever been away from me and now the tables are turning.

Its all down hill from here I tell you. Next thing I know, she will be darting from one after-school activity to the next, having sleep-overs, going to the mall with friends, and generally trying to avoid being seen with me. And I just know that it all starts with 35 hours a week at kindergarten...

Of course, Avery didn't even bat an eye through it all. She skipped off to school and had the first of what I'm sure will be many great days. She loved her teacher, made a new friend named Courtney and even ate all of her lunch. After school I waited in a ridiculously long carpool line, brought her home and fed her milk and cookies.

Darn that kindergarten! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah!Youa re right...once your kids start school, time goes by way to fast! Paul and I were just talking the other night, last night as a matter of fact, that Madison only has 7 more years until she's 18! I can't believe Max will go to scjhool next year. Avry will only grow and blossom one pedal at a time, enjoy and savor each one!
Love your blog!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Yeah, just realized I misspelled a few words and Avery's name. Just leave it up to me! :)
Can't wait to see ya'll at Thanksgiving! YEA TEXAS!!!!