Monday, August 24, 2009

grade 1, day 1


"Mom, I had a great day! First grade is so fun!" It is such a relief to hear that Avery is starting the year on a positive note. Despite not being in the same class with her best friend, she claims to love her teacher and seems satisifed with the other friends she has in the class. I asked her what she did during the day and whether or not she had gotten to go to any of her specials classes. Avery said something about having gone to PE class just briefly before the teacher realized that she was supposed to be in Music instead. I can only imagine what it must have been like leading a bunch of clueless 6 year olds around the school trying to get them in the right place at the right time. I swear, I don't know how elementary teachers keep up with it all.

Our new morning routine worked out great. She set her alarm last night and then was up and ready to go in plenty of time this morning and I didn't even need to nag once. Day 1, under our belt!

P.S. In case you were thinking that the lighting in the picture looked a little different, that would be because the dawn was just breaking...School starts at an appalling 7:45 am!!!