Monday, August 17, 2009

Rise and Shine!



In exactly 7 days, Avery enters the 1st grade. Not that I'm counting down...This year, I plan to further her independence a bit by introducing the alarm clock. I think it's time. I am going to set her alarm for 6:35 am. This should give her plenty of time to make her bed and get dressed before coming downstairs for breakfast. After breakfast, I will go back upstairs with her to fix her hair while she brushes her teeth. Then, she and Jeff head out the door at 7:25 am. I know that an alarm clock doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is. If you could have been a fly on the wall and witnessed our morning routine last year, you would understand. I had to literally follow her around from the time she got up until the time she left just to make sure that she was staying on task. The battles that ensued were no way for either of us to start our day. I am hoping that by putting the responsibility on her, that she will 1) embrace it, 2) have a more pleasant start to the day and 3) be mad at the alarm clock instead of me. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh yes....good luck...i was never a morning person...i can relate with avery...however......i agree...teach it is her responsibility early.....