Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Seriously???

Seriously? I have poison ivy? 3 trips to the doctor, 8 days of suffering and $100 in co-pays later, and I am diagnosed with poison ivy of all things....Diagnosis #1: a viral skin rash that I was advised to "just wait it out." Diagnosis #2: pretty sure its a reaction to something I came in contact with. Diagnosis #3: definately a reaction to a plant I came into contact with.

Since I am not a romp in the woods type of gal and I haven't even been out doing any yard work lately, I have no idea where in blazes the stuff came from. Now I get to begin a 3 week (yes, 3 weeks) course of steriods to clear up the nasty rash that has left me feeling more than a little like a freakshow (I've decided pass on posting the pictures this time thank-you-very-much).

So, given that this past week I've been enjoying a horrible itchy rash in conjunction with the joys of potty training, I probably don't need to tell you that I haven't exactly been Miss Mary Sunshine the past few days.

When I was at the doctor today, she mentioned that one of the side effects of the medication was irritability and that I should warn my spouse.

"Hmmmm," was the response I got. : )

No comments: