Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kicking Princesses



Yes, that is the actual name of Avery's soccer team. Kind of funny, but very appropriate for a girl's team age 6 and under. Anyway, Saturday marked the start of the season for the Kicking Princesses with their first game against the Glitter Girls. I can't say who won because at this age they don't keep score, they're still just trying to understand the basics of the game. According to Jeff (I was with Hannah and Ethan at a birthday party), Avery and her fellow teammates played pretty well. They'll be back at it again next Saturday.

In other news, it seems that the oatmeal I started feeding Ethan is doing its job and he FINALLY started sleeping through the night this weekend. Boy, 3 1/2 months is a long time to go without a good night's sleep! But the boy was just plain hungry. When I called and talked to the nurse at the pediatrician's office about starting him on cereal, she suggested "only a couple of spoonfuls" because he is still pretty young. But, I have discovered that Ethan really likes oatmeal and will eat quite a bit, certainly more than I ever thought he would. Feeding babies is always a bit baffling but at this point I am not complaining...I'm too tired.


1 comment:

The Penrod Pack said...

I can't get over how much Avery favors Jeff!! And she's so big!!!

Consider yourself lucky that Ethan is sleeping through the night this early! Caroline didn't start consistantly sleeping all night until 5 months!! I was SOOOO ready!!! Congrats!!!