Tuesday, September 23, 2008

8 down, 42 to go

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary! Jeff and I often joke that our marriage is only a 50 year deal and that after the 50 years are up, we will shake hands and go our separate ways. The "joke" part is that after 50 years, we know that we won't be able to live without one another, nor would we want to. Our little joke has a practical purpose, too. It often serves as a reminder to take a step back and think of the bigger picture rather than getting lost in the details. When you put the little, everyday struggles on a 50 year scale, they don't seem like such a big deal anymore.

So, Jeff, here's to you, my love, and all that the past 8 years have brought us...I wouldn't change a thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring "JOKE"!
Ya'll have a great sense of humor...I love it!
Happy Anniversary, Sarah and Jeff
and may the next 42 bring you great JOY!!!
Love ya!
Michelle

Oh...and I read your blog often...even when I don't make a comment...I need to start leaving them so you don't think your hard work is in vain! :)

Anonymous said...

Awe, this is great! It brought tears to my eyes. Happy Anniversary to you both!!!
Love,
Shannon