Monday, January 10, 2011

milestone city

We have been busy marking milestones at our house lately. The kids are all at exciting ages and seem to be moving from one stage to the next at lightening speed. The biggest milestone is that this past weekend we moved Ethan out of his crib and into a "big boy bed." He has done great with the transition and is so proud of his new bed. Yesterday, he even took a 3 hour nap in his big, comfy bed.


The furniture came from my mother in law's house and I think it looks really nice in his room. We didn't paint the walls but I changed out just about everything else. With all of the darker colors, it looks so different than the pale blues and greens that were in his nursery. It's definately a big boy room now!

Another milestone came when we realized that Hannah had grown too tall for her car seat. So, we moved her into a booster seat and are now down to having only one car seat. It will make car shopping a little easier in the next few months now that I no longer have to think about having to accomidate 3 huge seats for the kids.

And last but not least, Ethan has started sitting on the potty. The whole idea just makes me groan inwardly because there are few things in life that I hate more than potty training. If I had my way, we wouldn't even be starting this until around May. But, he is ready. He is forever telling me when he needs a new diaper. And, he was crushed when I wouldn't let him wear the big boy underpants Santa brought for him. So, here we go...Wish me luck, lots of it!

No comments: