Tuesday, December 21, 2010

bah humbug!

I am severely lacking the Christmas spirit today folks. I am NOT in a good mood. I am tired. My kids are doing a lousy job of sleeping in during their break from school. They are doing a great job of tearing through the house like a giant tornado, leaving toys, clothes and books strewn about everywhere.

Yesterday I got up and went to Jazzercise which was all well and good but then I spent the bulk of yesterday afternoon doing yardwork and bending and squatting and now I am sore. So, this morning I rolled over a few minutes before my alarm was set to go off at 5 am and turned the dang thing off. I stayed in bed a couple more hours, until I could no longer ignore the panting, whining dog next to my ear and could no longer stand the guilt of staying in bed while the hubs was getting ready for work.

I am mad that the gifts I need to mail have not yet been mailed. I am feeling guilty about not sending out a Christmas card. I am not at all interested in baking treats for the neighbors and feeling guilty about that too.

The only light at the end of my tunnel is that the kids are spending the night with my parents tomorrow night and I will have 24 hours all to myself. I will have ample opportunity to clean my filthy house and to finish wrapping all of our unwrapped gifts. But what I really want to do is spend that time curled up on the couch and watching trashy tv like "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."

Heaven help me, our plans for today include a trip to see Santa at the mall and a trip to the post office. Good grief!

No comments: