Friday, September 4, 2009

hannah's turn



Yesterday was Hannah's turn to start school. She was very excited about taking her new nap mat and getting to use her lunch box again. But otherwise she had a few mixed emotions. Hannah kept telling me, "I don't want to go to school. I will miss you all the time!" In reality I knew that she would miss me for about 15 seconds and then go on to have a great day, which is exactly what happened.

I got her up, fed and dressed no problem though she did insist on wearing lip gloss (thanks Gigi). Then we headed out the door for our 2 minute ride to school. When we got there, she proudly carried her lunch box to her classroom, gave me a kiss goodbye and went right in to play at the dollhouse with her friend Gillian. I picked her up at 2:00 and after we got Avery from her school, we celebrated Hannah's first day with ice cream.

Now my only dilemma is how to keep myself and Ethan occupied for 2 days a week while the girls are both at school...yeah, not really. I have plenty to do and not do, as the case may be. :-)

No comments: