Thursday, April 22, 2010

grumpalotapus

Five reasons I had to be grumpy today:

1. My little E-man is sick. Last night he spiked a 102.7 fever and this morning he was still warm but with very large glands in his neck. A trip to the pediatrician and a negative strep test revealed that he has Adnovirus. Yeah, a virus. A virus as in it just has to run its course and there is nothing to give him but Motrin for the fever and wicked sore throat that will last four days. Super.

2. My little E-man is sick. He is sick and contagious. That means no Jazzercise for me until he is well again which really stinks because I was really looking forward to going today and tomorrow.

3. I left a bag of flour sitting on the kitchen counter and the ever-michevious Shelby Ann picked up the entire bag with her teeth. Her teeth made holes in the bag and spilled flour on my freshly-swept kitchen floor as she made her way to her hiding place under the kitchen table. Then, as I attempted to get the bag of flour away from her...it ripped. And then there I was holding a half a bag of flour with the other half on the floor under the table.

4. My husband is stressed out. Work is crazy. He is heading up a big mission project for our church that may very well get rained out for the second weekend in a row. And, our bedroom is not quite right. Jeff is not the type of person who does well when things are "not quite right."

5. I have a headache. And my eyeballs are sticky.

Tired of my whining yet?

1 comment:

Suzy Shoup said...

Well, it was great to see you and Jeff Saturday and I didn't feel like you were a grumpalotapus at all. Hang in there!